Cummins Care warranty team strives to provide an effortless experience for our customers. Below, you’ll find the Cummins Warranty Philosophy, information about warranty coverage, and some coverage and claim processing guidelines. Our database search is also available to help you better understand Cummins coverages and their requirements. As always, if you don’t find what you need here, please don’t hesitate to contact us via the form below.
Service Providers please visit QuickServe Online for warranty publications
Look up an Engine Serial Number (ESN) for Extended Warranty Coverage
• Customers: Contact your service provider for claim filing information.
• Service Providers: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for claim filing information at your location.
Cummins Warranty Philosophy for Customers & Service Providers
Most Cummins products are sold with a warranty (e.g. provided coverages). The Cummins Express Limited Warranty supplied with each product is the only warranty from Cummins applicable to that product. There are no other warranties expressed or implied, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Cummins also markets Extended Warranty Coverages (e.g. purchased coverages). All Cummins warranty programs define the responsibilities of Cummins and the Customer in the event of a failure caused by a defect in Cummins’ material or factory workmanship (a warrantable failure).
The guiding principle in Warranty and Extended Coverage programs is that Cummins agrees to pay to fix only that which has failed or been damaged due to a defect in Cummins materials or factory workmanship.
The Warranty Repair Event
Cummins utilizes the 4 C’s to guide our Service Providers through a successful warranty repair.
A complaint is generated by Connected Advisor, a warning light, or a performance issue and the Customer is responsible for making the Product available for repair by a Cummins authorized Service Provider.
The Service Provider will use Cummins published Service Information to troubleshoot and perform failure analysis until the root cause and resulting progressive damage are identified.
The Service Provider will then determine if coverage is available for the failure and to what extent it can be covered. Cummins reimburses for failures due to Factory materials and workmanship, failures and/or damage resulting from abuse or neglect are not covered.
Once responsibility is determined and the Customer agrees, the Service Provider will perform their correction of the failure. A Customer can incur charges during a warranty repair, but should never be charged an additional amount for a job covered by warranty.
Cummins New and ReCon® Parts Warranty Programs and FAQs
- INF1221 | When does New or ReCon parts coverage start?
- INF1222 | I had some components replaced during a warranty repair, do they receive parts warranty?
- INF1223 | How long can a part can be kept in inventory?
- INF1224 | What engines are eligible to have Cummins New or ReCon Parts installed and covered by warranty?
- INF1225 | What is Over the Counter (OTC) warranty coverage?
- INF1226 | Is Travel or Towing covered by Cummins New or ReCon parts warranty programs?
- INF1227 | What information do I need to provide to start a New or ReCon parts warranty claim?