Cummins Power Generation generator sets are the heart of any on–site power system. Generator sets include a prime mover fueled by diesel, natural gas or propane, and an alternator that provides power at 50Hz or 60Hz, depending on the application. PowerCommand™ models and our digital master control facilitate paralleling with other generators or the power grid. Our generator sets are the result of integrated design and manufacturing intended to meet your requirements for reliability, power quality, rated performance, and efficient operation.
Our diesel–powered generator sets are available in sizes ranging from 10kW to 2.5 MW. These clean, modern diesels with optional exhaust aftertreatment are suitable for either standby/emergency power, continuous or prime power applications.
Our spark–ignited (stoichiometric) natural gas/propane engine generator sets are available in sizes ranging from 5 kW to 150 kW. These are suited to mid–size applications where onsite fuel storage is restricted, a continuous supply of natural gas is readily available or there are local environmental considerations.
Cummins lean–burn natural gas engine generator sets are available in sizes ranging from 315kW to 2 MW. These feature very low emissions and are suitable for prime power and combined heat and power (CHP) applications. Low BTU fuel option on specific models.
Cummins Onan makes generators for a wide variety of applications including RV generators for motorhomes and trailers, Marine generators for boats and yachts, Commercial mobile generators for fire & rescue, utility and specialty vehicles, Residential generators for home standby power, and Portable generators the home, campground and work site. You can also learn about Cummins ComfortGuard APU generators for heavy–duty truck idling.
A quick reference guide to the DC Genset Product Line with Power Point product presentation available for download.
Genset Product Literature:
These brochures are in PDF () format; to view them, you will need Adobe Reader® software.
- Powering your world (1.7MB)
- 7x24: Standby power systems for mission–critical facilities (357kb)
- PowerCommand® on–site power generation systems (117kb)
- Digital Controls Technology Brochure (8.1MB)
- Lean-Burn Gas Fueled Generator Sets (2.04MB)
- Conjuntos de geradores a gás de combustão Lean-Burn (1.8MB, Portuguese - European)
- Grupos geradores a gás Lean-Burn (1.8MB, Portuguese - Latin American)
- Grupos electrógenos de mezcla pobre (1.8MB, Español)
- Groupes électrogénes à gaz à basse teneur calorifique (2.9MB, François)
- Газопоршневые электрогенераторы на обедненной газовой смеси (1,785kB, русский)
- 稀薄燃烧气体燃料发电机组 (892kB, Mandarin)
- Genset alimentati a gas a miscela magra (1.7MB, Italian)
- Gasgestookte generatorsets op arme mengsels (1.78MB, Dutch)
- Gasbetriebene Magergemisch-Gensets (1.8MB, German)
- Cummins Power Generation low–emissions technology (760kb)
- Power solutions – full line (1.3MB)
- Weather–protective and sound–attenuated enclosures (244kb)
Europe, Middle East, Africa
- Power Solutions: Europe, Middle East and Africa (685kb)
- Rental and construction
- Noise compliant gensets
These technical papers are in PDF () format; to view them, you will need Adobe Reader® software.
- IBC requirements for power generator sets (PT–8002, 1MB)
- Maintenance is one key to diesel generator set reliability (PT–7004, 160kb)
- Lean–burn engine technology increases efficiency, reduces NOx emissions (PT–7009, 139kb)
- The case for waste to energy: Utilizing low–BTU reciprocating gas engine generators (PT–6015, 229kb)
- How to size a genset: Proper generator set sizing requires analysis of parameters and loads (PT–7007, 469kb)
For information about how we can help you meet your power generation needs contact your nearest distributor.